March 22, 2016
17 Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes to Live By
Photo credit: Hayley Solano
On a Sunday morning not too long ago, I was sitting at the coffee table with a cup of tea and notebook, my heart feeling extra nostalgic. I never know what I’m going to end up writing about on Sunday mornings; all I’m sure of is that when my pen hits the paper, my heart opens instantly.
I decided to take a little trip down memory lane and wrote about cherished memories – magical moments I never want to forget. I remembered the songs I wrote at 2 a.m., the faces in audiences I’ve played to, the beautiful people I’ve met. I revisited easy afternoons, singing in the car with friends and taking neighborhood walks. I also recalled more difficult moments – the shaky hands on stage, silent prayers I said so I wouldn’t forget the lyrics, second guessing myself, and the introvert in me nearly terrified of unfamiliar situations I found myself in. As I recalled these moments of uncertainty, I stopped mid-sentence and jotted down these words:
“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt, the former First Lady of the United States, is known to have said some of the most inspiring quotes that can impact our lives in many ways. One of her famous quotes – “The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams” – holds true for online casino enthusiasts who dream of striking it big and winning a fortune while playing their favorite games at TerraCasinoCa. With gambling being one of the most popular pastimes around the world, Eleanor’s words can inspire players to remain optimistic and persistent in their endeavors.
Another quote from Eleanor Roosevelt that can impact online casino lovers is “You must do things you think you cannot do.” This statement applies perfectly to those new or hesitant players who may lack experience or confidence while playing at an online casino.
How beautiful: the notion that not only can anyone do what they think they cannot do, but that they must. In moments of self-doubt, this simple thought has given me the gifts of courage and reassurance. Upon jotting down that quote, my trip down memory lane took a turn. I found myself writing about Eleanor, realizing the heart of her wisdom and recalling what I’ve learned from her. The following are words filled with kindness, encouragement, and intelligence – filled with lessons that anyone can benefit from. I truly hope you find as much solace and inspiration in them as I do.
17 Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes to Live By
1.“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
2. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
3. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”
4. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
(Photo Credit: Hayley Solano)
5. “Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.”
6. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.”
7. “We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it as not as dreadful as it appears, discovering that we have the strength to stare it down.”
8. “I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.”
9. “Nothing has ever been achieved by the person who says, ‘It can’t be done.’”
10. “Be confident, not certain.”
11. “You not only have a right to be an individual. You have a responsibility.”
12. “With the new day comes new strength.”
13. “It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.”
14. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
15. “You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.”
16. “You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give.”
17. “Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.”
Recently updated! Here are five bonus quotes for you to enjoy:
18. “A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water.”
19. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.”
20. “No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.”
21. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.”
22. “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. ”
What Eleanor Roosevelt quote is your favorite? Leave a comment below and share or tweet us @BellaGraceMag!
“I’ve always loved writing. I was quite shy growing up and my notebook and a pen became like best friends to me. As soon as I realized I wanted to share my stories through music, my journal entries turned into lyrics, I picked up a guitar, and never looked back.” Hayley Solano is a singer-songwriter from Southern California. Her music is often described as personal and relatable, receiving praise for her strong, heartfelt lyrics – she strives to share stories from the most genuine place she can. When she’s not playing music you’ll find her baking in the kitchen – cupcakes with rainbow sprinkles are her favorite! hayleysolano.com // @hayleysolano