October 22, 2019
Add a Dash of Sparkle to Your Day with Our Cootie Catcher Template!
Here at Bella Grace, we believe it is never too late to feel like a kid again. No matter how many years pass, it is always possible to revisit simpler times with sweet activities such as writing with sidewalk chalk, playing hopscotch, and making cootie catchers! Today we’re sharing a special Bella-themed cootie catcher template for you to create one of your own. Ponder questions such as, “when do you feel most free?” or “how do you add some sparkle to an off day?” and exchange responses with a friend! This darling game is a wonderful way for you and loved ones to inspire one another. See instructions and template below:
How to Make a Cootie Catcher
-Writing utensils: colored pencils, markers, pens
1. Download and print Cootie Catcher.
2. Cut along the gray dotted line.
3. Fold in half, creating a triangle.
4. Fold triangle in half.
5. Unfold Cootie Catcher and flip it so the blank side is up.
6. Fold each corner to the middle.
7. Flip over and repeat step 6.
8. Fold the square in half.
9. Slide thumbs and pointer fingers underneath the outside flaps, and then push inwards so the corners touch.
How to Play:
1. Find a friend and ask them to pick one of the words written on the outside flaps.
2. Moving the flaps in and out and side to side in time with the letters, spell out the word they have chosen.
3. Open the Cootie Catcher to reveal the numbers and ask them to pick one. Count out the number they have chosen as you move the flaps in and out and side to side.
4. Ask them to pick another number. Lift the numbered flap, and ask them the question written on the inside.