August 18, 2021
15 Inspiring Journal Prompts
As you may know, we are huge fans of journaling here at Bella Grace. Each issue of Bella is sprinkled with unique journaling prompts for self-discovery, creative expression, and to simply relax. We’ve gathered a collection of our favorites to inspire your next journaling session!
15 Inspiring Journal Prompts
- It’s hard to live simply when your mind is also full of clutter. What are four things you can do to create more simplicity in your mind?
- Have you ever been so happy to do something that may seem trivial to others? Perhaps you finally put your hair up in a somewhat decent-looking French braid, or you painted your fingernails without getting the polish everywhere. These little milestones are important to celebrate because they’re important to you. Take some time to list all the things worth celebrating.
- Strength can come from a number of sources. Sometimes it’s the little things, like putting on a fresh coat of red lipstick, that make us feel powerful and strong. Often, it’s something much bigger than that. Take a moment to reflect on the times you’ve felt strongest.
- As we grow older, it becomes more clear that there are lessons to be learned from just about every experience in life. We just simply have to be open to learning them. What is one experience you’ve had in life that surprised you with the lessons it taught? What did you learn?
- As women we are expected to “be everything to everybody,” but that can be a dangerous way to live. We take on more than we can handle out of fear of disappointing someone while putting our personal priorities on the back burner. You have to take care of yourself before you can help others. What are some of the things you need to say “no” to? How would doing so enrich your life?
- We think it’s time to bring back the art of letter-writing and what better way to do so than starting with a love letter to yourself? Write yourself a letter that is full of the love and compassion you deserve.
- Everyone’s idea of comfort is different. No matter what you find comforting, it’s important to take note of what they are so that you can call upon them when you are in need. Take the time to record your comforts, both big and small.
- When was the last time you were stopped in your tracks, surprised by the beauty of an ordinary moment? What was it?
- Life is always going to throw the unexpected at us. It’s up to us to find the good in whatever comes our way. What are some recent curveballs that have been thrown at you that you’ve turned into something good?
- No matter how insecure we may feel, or how short we feel we fall, we all have talents that others may not be aware of. Write all the things you’re really good at. Celebrate yourself, and play with sizes and styles of writing!
- Make a list of all the words you find to be especially beautiful.
- We try so hard to create picture-perfect moments that we’ll look back on for all of our lives, but when you really reflect on some of your favorite memories, you’ll find that many of them are actually perfectly imperfect. What is a memory that you cherish for its imperfectness?
- Most of us have had an encounter with someone who seems to be magical. They come into your life unexpectedly and then leave just as sudden as they appeared. Who is someone who has had an unexpectedly magical effect on your life?
- What a wonderful feeling it is to have inside jokes with friends and loved ones. What are some that always make you laugh?
- There are so many books that can teach you a profound lesson or two. What are some of the books that have helped you navigate through life?
For more prompts, browse our Bella Grace library!
Looking for even more journaling inspiration?
We think you might also love…