October 20, 2017
The Wonders of Reading
“I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” — J.K. Rowling
It’s true. Reading opens the doors to a new world, a world that we may never experience in real life. It introduces exciting adventures and offers ideas through different perspectives. Reading exposes new words to us, as we are constantly discovering and expanding our vocabulary, oftentimes without even knowing it. Good stories have the power to take you through an emotional journey — a sad story giving you hope, or a joyful story bringing motivation. The inspiration a good book can offer is magical, which is why I encourage you to pick up a new one soon.
Did you know October is National Book Month? What better time to whip out your favorite novel and enjoy it once again, or maybe even re-open one you started before but never got around to finishing. There is nothing better than cozying up on the couch in your favorite blanket and diving into those magical pages.
If you need some reading inspiration, here are some of our favorite books here at Bella Grace:
- “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed
- “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes
- “Quiet” by Susan Cain
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
- “Les Miserables” by Victor Hugo
- “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte
- “The Complete Works of Emily Dickinson”
- “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The Life Boat” by Charlotte Rogan
- “The Forest Feast Gatherings” (A cookbook by Erin Gleeson)
- “The Nightingale” by Kristin Hannah
- “Milk and Honey” by Rupi Kaur
- “Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- The Year of Magical Thinking” by Joan Didion
- “The Language of Flowers” by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
I hope your book adventures continuously open your eyes to new wonders and inspire you to try new things, and that the next book you begin brings you the excitement and thrill we all anxiously await as we open the cover and turn to the first page …
What fabulous book would you recommend to our Bella Grace readers?