October 6, 2017
10 Cozy Quotes to Get You Excited for Fall
The sudden chill in the morning air tells me that fall has arrived. It’s time to move my coziest clothes to the front of the closet and light a few of my most delicious-smelling candles. Soon, dinner will be simmering on the stove all day while countless cups of tea will be sipped.
Can you tell that I adore fall? I know I am not the only one, which is why I wanted to share a few of my very favorite quotes about this wonderful time of year.
- “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” ― Nora Ephron
- “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” ― Jim Bishop
- “Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings.” — Terri Guillemets
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” — L.M. Montgomery
- “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” ― Sarah Addison Allen
- “Use what you have, use what the world gives you. Use the first day of fall: bright flame before winter’s deadness; harvest; orange, gold, amber; cool nights and the smell of fire. Our tree-lined streets are set ablaze, our kitchens filled with the smells of nostalgia: apples bubbling into sauce, roasting squash, cinnamon, nutmeg, cider, warmth itself. The leaves as they spark into wild color just before they die are the world’s oldest performance art, and everything we see is celebrating one last violently hued hurrah before the black and white silence of winter.” ― Shauna Niequist
- “The tints of autumn … a mighty flower garden blossoming under the spell of the enchanter, frost.” ― John Greenleaf Whittier
- “Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.” ― Elizabeth Lawrence
- “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.” — Shira Tamir
- “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
Can’t get enough coziness?! You might also love The Cozy Issue by Bella Grace magazine.