May 28, 2019
10 Ways to Keep That Hygge Feeling During Summer
It’s so easy to think that hygge is only something for the fall or winter months, but you can keep that cozy feeling going long after the days lengthen and the temperatures spike. “What’s hygge?” Some of you might be asking. It’s the latest craze sweeping the States, but the people of Denmark have been practicing it for some time. Simply put, it means creating a nice, cozy, comfortable environment while enjoying the simple, good things in life with the special people you surround yourself with.
Thoughts of coziness instantly evoke images of throw blankets and fireplaces, and staying indoors while it’s blustery outside. Still, it’s entirely possible — and quite easy — to add hygge to the summertime. A good tip is to switch out the word “cozy” for “comfortable.”
10 Ways to Practice Hygge During Summer
1. Go camping with a group of friends.
2. Host an outdoor dinner party under the stars.
3. Head to the lake or beach and watch the sun set. Be sure to bring a soft sweater to pull on when the air starts to cool.
4. Buy a hammock or a nice lounge chair.
5. Create a living space in your backyard. Gather some tables, chairs, blankets, and pillows so you can spend most of your time outdoors.
6. Adorn your home with fresh flowers.
7. Pick fresh summer fruit and make ice cream with it.
8. Take a barefoot stroll through your wet lawn.
9. Hang your laundry outdoors so it can dry in the warm summer air.
10. Open up your windows, throw the curtains back, and allow the gentle breezes to fill your home.
Feature-length article originally published in The Cozy Issue Volume 1. Pre-order The Cozy Issue Volume 4 at: https://stampington.com/the-cozy-issue