September 2, 2020
10 Things I’m Looking Forward to This Fall
Though my school days are far behind me, it’s hard to think of fall without thinking about the chance to start anew. When I was younger, my excitement came from getting new clothes to the start the year and the mystery of what teachers I’d have. Now, my excitement comes at the chance to re-experience some of my favorite simple pleasures for the first time in months. With summer being stifling at times in Southern California, fall brings with it cooler air and a chance to settle in and cuddle up. This year, I’m especially looking forward to these cozy delights for the first time in a long time:
1. Wrapping myself in my overly soft bathrobe on the first chilly morning
2. Replenishing my candle stash with autumn scents
3. Simmering stew on the stovetop all day long
4. Pulling my cherished oversized cardigan from the back of the closet
5. Dusting off my favorite boots
6. Shopping for a new scarf
7. The first rain and the way it changes how the air smells outside
8. Hunting for the perfect pumpkin
9. Lighting a fire in our pit outside and enjoying a s’more (or two)
10. Spotting the fiery-red sunset that signals fall’s officially arrived
What are you most looking forward to this fall? Leave a comment or send your own list to [email protected].
Embrace Autumn with Bella Grace Issue 25 now available at: stampington.com/bella-grace-issue-25
Christen Hammons is editor-in-chief of Bella Grace. She lives in Orange County with her husband, two sassy cats, and one scruffy dog.